Sunday, June 19, 2005

And You Thought That It Was Time

Right when I'm about to get back into the swing of things, I strain something in my left arm. This is followed up eight hours later by my younger brother being rushed to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy while I pulled an emergency ride over to a concert that we were both supposed to play in. You know - same ol', same ol'. And if you think it's heartless that I went to a performance instead of accompanying him to the hospital, just know that he tried to delay the surgery until after the concert and demanded that I go and perform regardless. Sheesh.

If you read my previous post with future predictions, you would have immediately noticed that "Emergency Surgery" was not listed. I never said I was a soothsayer. Well, actually I did once, but that's another story for another time.

In other news, I rented Dan Simmons' Ilium from my local library. Yes, the same book that was mentioned on Puppypundit. Most of it was quite good, though I would appreciate less "sex" scenes. Felt like I was reading a hastily-thrown-together harlequin romance novel at some points. Not that I know what reading that is like. Overall though, I liked it. I had to stifle a smile when the characters from Shakespeare's The Tempest were introduced though - it reminded me of the time our local theatre group did the show. But I digress. The sequel's supposedly due out next month - the sequel to Ilium, not The Tempest, of course. The new book is called Olympos (only 576 pages).

So is Harry Potter 6, for that matter. (672 pages, according to Amazon)

Don't deny it. You know you'll end up reading it.

Also love the Episode III soundtrack.
Sic Semper Tyrannus! Or was it Dooku? Ugh. Stupid 4:15 AM puns.

Support This Site