Thursday, March 03, 2005

Dear Democrats

We know you oppose the Iraq war. Note that this isn't exactly helping your standing among the American public.

However, if you use this to rationalize your opposition:

Do you think they're the guys to--do they understand what they've unleashed? Because at a certain point, I almost feel like, if they had just come out at the very beginning and said, "Here's my plan: I'm going to invade Iraq. We'll get rid of a bad guy because that will drain the swamp"--if they hadn't done the whole "nuclear cloud," you know, if they hadn't scared the pants off of everybody, and just said straight up, honestly, what was going on, I think I'd almost--I'd have no cognitive dissonance, no mixed feelings. (Jon Stewart of the Daily Show) (h/t, Right Wing News)

instead of this:

"It was WMDs, period" (Barbra Boxer, D-CA)

then A) You will seem much more sensible, and B) People will appreciate your views and commentary on the subject more. From this, it would lead me to think that they could even like you more, and this could help you at the polls.

However, it does not seem that most of the party agrees with Mr. Stewart. That's a shame.

Support This Site